Thursday, February 26, 2009

And then there were...

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. -Genesis 1:7,8

Two. One plus one. Funny, I guess all numbers could be boiled down to just ones. That'd be alot of adding though! In the number two, we have the possiblity of division. Two divided by one is two. Going back to the one plus one, we also have a union of two things.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." -Jesus(Matthew 18:20)

We find in Genesis 1:16 that God made two lights. The greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night. We are to walk as children of the light. If we walk not in the light, then we are in darkness. And how great that darkness can be! "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."-Jesus(John 8:12)

"..in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established."-Jesus(Matthew 18:16) The book of Revelation mentions two witnesses in the end days. It makes perfect sense that it takes at least two to have a witness. If there's only one person with no one else around, then who's to witness what the one person does? So then it clearly takes two to have a witness.

My prayer today is that God is my witness that I have chosen this day to walk in the light. And I pray that as each day goes by, the light becomes brighter and brighter making my path all the more clear. Today I leave you with an old hymn:

Holy Spirit, Light divine, Shine upon this heart of mine;
Chase the shades of night away, Turn my darkness into day.
Holy Spirit, Pow'r divine, Cleanse this guilty heart of mine;
Long has sin, without control, Held dominion o'er my soul.
Holy Spirit, Joy divine Cheer this saddened heart of mine;
Bid my many woes depart, Heal my wounded, bleeding heart.
Holy Spirit, all divine, within this heart of mine;
Cast down ev'ry idol throne; Reign supreme, and reign alone. Amen.
-Words, Andrew Reed, 1817

No comments: